Easy Burger King French Toast Sticks Recipe
Today Recipes | Easy Burger King French toast Sticks Recipe – I’ve been making these for our Easter celebration for the past few years and they are now a staple on the menu. Everyone arrives after church and it’s a bit chaotic, but everything is prepped the night before so it’s easy-peasy. I would hear complaints if I failed to make these. I’m not sure why I only make these once a year though!! They are delicious. Enjoy!
Preparation time Cook time
5 Minutes 10 Minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 C, milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 Tbs. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbs. margarine
- Half loaf of sweet bread
Try this too: Healthy Boneless Pork Chop Recipe
- Combine eggs, milk and vanilla together until well blended.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl and set to the side.
- Cut slices of bread into 1-inch wide strips.
- Melt margarine a skillet over medium heat.
- Place each bread strip into the egg mixture before coating with then the sugar mixture.
- Place coated bread strips into the skillet and cook for about 4 minutes or until each side is browned.
- Cut the slices thick enough so when you cut the crusts off then cut into 3 batons, the slices are thick, square batons about 1.7 cm / 2/3″ thick.
- French toast is best made using stale bread. Fresh bread soaks up too much egg mixture, making it soggy on the inside and your sticks will flop when you pick them up.
- It is best to use a loaf so you can cut thick slices as the thicker the sticks are (and the staler the bread is), the stiffer the sticks are.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Burger King French Toast Sticks Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.