Easy Blood Orange Margarita Recipe
Today Recipes | Easy Blood Orange Margarita Recipe – Such gorgeous fruit! I am totally craving one of these right now, especially since we are moving into an apartment with a patio soon! (Patios are kind of rare in Tokyo, so we are really excited to start enjoying some cocktails out there come warmer weather) Enjoy!
Preparation time Cook time
5 Minutes 1 Minute
- 2 ounces silver/blanco tequila
- 2 ounces fresh blood orange juice (about 1 large blood orange, juiced)
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice (about 1 lime, juiced)
- 1 teaspoon light agave nectar
- 1 tiny drop pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Salt and brown sugar rim (use all salt if you want)
- 2 teaspoons kosher sea salt and/or Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- Lime wedges
Try this too: Easy Lasagna Roll Up Recipe
- Mix together the salt and sugar on a small plate (preferably one just slightly larger than the top of your margarita glass). Run a wedge of lime around the top of your glass. Dip the top of the glass into the salt blend at a 45-degree angle and roll it from side to side to catch the salt. Add ice cubes to your glass and set it aside.
- Fill a small cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the tequila, freshly squeezed blood orange and lime juice and agave nectar. If desired, add a drop of vanilla extract (don’t pour it straight from the bottle, I used the blunt end of a fork as a dropper).
- Put on the lid and shake for 30 seconds. Strain the liquid into your glass and garnish with a slice of blood orange, if desired.
Tips : Recommended tequila: Espolón, Milagro or any other 100 percent agave silver tequila.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Blood Orange Margarita Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.