Today Recipes | Easy Best Shrimp Taco Recipe – These shrimp tacos are fantastic! The sauce really is the star of this overall recipe. I used a serano pepper instead of jalepeno. We just prefer the flavor of seranos over jalepenos, but they can be hotter. We don’t mind the heat, though. The recipe makes quite a bit, so we ended up grilling shrimp a few nights in a row to use the sauce – and we weren’t complaining about it! The garlic flavor REALLY comes out as it sits, too, so I certainly would not use more than one clove. I can’t tell you how many times my husband and I both have said out of the blue, “Man those shrimp tacos are so good!” since making them. I added just a bit of crumbled queso fresco that I had on hand, but they certainly don’t need it. They were fantastic! Enjoy!
Easy Best Shrimp Taco Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 5 Minutes
- 20 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- squeeze of lime (optional)
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, from half a lime
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 6 small flour tortillas (corn tortillas can also be used)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- To cook the shrimp: In a medium bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili and onion powders, and salt. Add in shrimp and toss to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for for at least 10 minutes or up to 24 hours. Heat a large heavy-duty or cast iron skillet on high heat for 2 minutes. Add the olive oil and shrimp. Cook shrimp in a skillet on medium-high heat until pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and finish with a squeeze of lime (optional).
- To make salsa: Combine tomato, avocado, jalapeno, salt, pepper, lime juice, and cilantro in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside. (If not using right away, place a piece of plastic wrap inside the bowl and directly over salsa to prevent discoloration and refrigerate.)
- To assemble: Stir sour-cream with cilantro and lime juice in a small bowl; set aside. Grill tortillas on stovetop over flame until lightly charred (this step is optional). Spoon avocado salsa generously over warm tortillas, then top with 3 shrimp and drizzle with sour cream sauce. Serve tacos with lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!!
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Best Shrimp Taco Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.