Today Recipes | Easy Autumn Apple Torte Recipe – Absolutely delicious! The almond extract is the perfect flavoring for this dessert. I did cut back on the apples the second time I made it cause four was just too many to layer on top! I also added a sprinkle of clove to the apple slices to add a little more spice (plus I love cloves). The only thing I’d want is a thicker cream cheese layer because it’s so good. Enjoy!
Easy Autumn Apple Torte Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
35 Minutes 40 Minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups thinly sliced, peeled Granny Smith apples (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups thinly sliced, peeled Cortland apples (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup cinnamon-sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, cream butter and 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Add egg and almond extract; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust.
- Place apples in a large bowl. Mix cinnamon-sugar and nutmeg; add to apples and toss to coat. Arrange over cream cheese mixture. Bake 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven setting to 400°. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Cool on a wire rack.
- Remove rim from pan. In a small bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over torte; sprinkle with almonds. Refrigerate leftovers.
- To toast nuts, place in a dry skillet; cook and stir over low heat until lightly browned.
- To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Per Slice: 270 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Autumn Apple Torte Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- ina garten apple pie
- autumn apple torte