Easy Authentic Cajun Jambalaya Recipe
Today Recipes | Easy Authentic Cajun Jambalaya Recipe – Just finished a huge bowl of this and it was fantastic. A little too much heat for some at the table but I thought it was perfect. We had a fight over who got the last shrimp! If you’re a northerner like me, and making this for company, I would cut the cayenne in half and let people add hot sauce to heat it up, just to be safe. Enjoy!
Preparation time Cook time
20 Minutes 25 Minutes
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deviened, tail on
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 10 ounces Andouille sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, finely diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha, or your favorite hot sauce
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- zest of half a lemon
Try this too: Easy Breaded Eggplant Recipe
- Combine the shrimp, chicken and spices in a bowl and mix well. Add salt and pepper.
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over high heat and add the onion and peppers. Cook for 3 minutes, until translucent.
- Add minced garlic, bay leaves and Sriracha.
- Stir in rice, then add the broth slowly. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover tightly and cook until rice absorbs liquid and becomes tender, for about 15 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaves.
- When the rice is almost cooked, reduce the heat to low and add the shrimp, chicken, and andouille and cook until meat is done, about 10 minutes more.
- Stir in the lemon zest, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve!
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Authentic Cajun Jambalaya Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.