Easy Apple Pie Recipe Crumble Top
Today Recipes | Easy Apple Pie Recipe Crumble Top – This was my first pie attempt and it went well! I would go so far to say this is the best apple pie I’ve had. My friends are pie lovers and they also agreed that this was a phenomenal apple pie. Definitely a re-make for a family dinner! (I used seven granny smith apples – the only thing I’m not sure is that the recipe says to pack down the crumble on top, but the only way to get it looking like the photo is to not pack it down. It was still delicious! Oh and I used a large Tupperware to shake the apples and coating until it was perfect. Enjoy!
Preparation time Cook time
15 Minutes 30 Minutes
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
Try this too: Easy Pork Chop Apple Sauce Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place sliced apples in a large bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice if desired. In a small bowl, mix together white sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle mixture over apples. Toss until apples are evenly coated. Stir in raisins and walnuts if desired. Spoon mixture into pastry shell.
- In a small bowl mix together 1/2 cup flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter or margarine until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over apple filling. Cover top loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes, until top is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Tips: You can add walnuts and raisins to this apple crumb pie to make it even dreamier!
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Apple Pie Recipe Crumble Top, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- boysenberry apple crumble pie