Today Recipes | Dr OZ Banana Bread Recipe with Cheese – While banana bread isn’t the healthiest thing to eat, it really is a sensible way to reduce your bananas and receive a little potassium inside your system. Try this different recipe which includes all kinds of cheese for the moist and protein-packed baked good. Pro tip: Buy full-fat all kinds of cheese since the majority of low-fat and reduced fat ones have add preservatives and fillers. Enjoy!
Dr OZ Banana Bread Recipe with Cheese
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 25 Minutes
- 1/4 stick of butter, melted
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp sunflower seeds, toaste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 13 tbsp canola oil
- 2 3/4 tbsp cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 small, ripe bananas (mashed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare your 8-inch loaf pan. Brush the melted butter in the loaf pan and coat generously. Sprinkle three tablespoons of sugar to coat the inside of the pan as well. Shake out the excess sugar and set the loaf pan aside.
- Place sunflower seeds on a cookie tray and toast for seven to eight minutes in the oven until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Combine all of your dry ingredients including the cool, toasted sunflower seeds in a large mixing bowl and whisk together to evenly combine.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the canola oil, cottage cheese, eggs, and mashed bananas. Stir to evenly combine.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients to form a stiff batter, (the batter will look stiffer than a typical cake batter however the banana bread has plenty of moisture in it).
- Place the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45-60 minutes or until well-risen, golden brown, and when touched the bread lightly springs back.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 20 minutes before removing it from the pan, cooling it in the pan first is important because it gives a chance for the bread’s structure to firm up and set. If it’s handled too soon while it is still hot, the bread will crumble and you’ll be left with a big pile of banana bread crumbs.
- After 20 minutes, remove the banana bread from the pan and continue to cool on a wire rack until room temperature.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Dr OZ Banana Bread Recipe with Cheese, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.