Today Recipes | Best Smoked Salmon Quiche Mary Berry Recipe – Although I love cooking – and try new recipes constantly – I love the familiar, the trustworthy. We’ve plenty of “Special” recipes I’m sure is fine and this I’ll adapt. You possibly can tweak this quiche recipe depending on that which you fancy and that which you have inside the fridge. One and only thing to be careful about is definitely the level of moisture on the other components. Tomatoes are better roasted – raw ones leach watery juices (making hard for that custard to set), while mushrooms has to be sautéed until they are the ideal color and the majority of the moisture in them continues to be boiled off, otherwise you recruit a greyish, watery custard as opposed to a rich yellow one.
Custard should be tweaked according as to the else was a student in the tart. An enormous, chunky filling that used plenty of space needed less custard (though you’ll still require enough for making that lovely eggy set). The custard can be richer or less rich, depending on that which you were endeavoring to achieve. A custard where you increased the amount of egg and reduced the cream, for example, hands a ‘eggy’ set and be less luxuriously silky. Heated, a quiche makes an excellent lunch or supper. But ready-made tarts aren’t cheap. For those who master this basic recipe, it is possible to prove countless perfect lunches or suppers for a small part of the price. Enjoy!
Best Smoked Salmon Quiche Mary Berry Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
30 Minutes 45 Minutes
- 250g (9oz) plain flour
- 200g (7oz) butter
- Good pinch salt
- A little very cold water
- 200g (7oz) watercress, coarse stalks removed
- 15g (½oz) butter
- 8 spring onions, sliced
- 200g (7oz) smoked salmon
- 300ml (11fl oz) double cream
- 2 eggs, plus 1 yolk
- Salt and pepper
- To make the pastry, put the flour, butter and salt into a food processor and whizz until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add about ½ tbsp water and whizz again. If it doesn’t come together add another ½ tbsp water. Whizz again until the mixture comes together into a ball. Wrap in Clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, gas 6. Roll out the pastry and use it to line a 23cm (9in) loose-bottomed tart tin. Chill in the fridge or freezer. (In the fridge it will take about 30 minutes, in the freezer about ten. This stops the pastry shrinking when it goes into the oven.)
- Put some greaseproof paper into the tin on top of the pastry and fill with baking beans or dried pulses.
- Bake blind for 7 minutes, then remove the beans and paper, and return the tart case to the oven for another 5 minutes. Leave to cool.
- If there are any little cracks or gaps in the base of the pastry, use whatever leftover pastry you have to fill them in – you just need to use tiny amounts. Turn the oven down to 180C, 350F, gas 4.
- Chop the watercress very roughly. Melt the butter in a sauté pan and add the spring onions and watercress. Cook gently, stirring a little, until the watercress and onions are soft. Turn the heat up and cook until the moisture from the watercress has been boiled off. Set aside.
- Cut the smoked salmon into pieces, if necessary.
- Beat together the cream and eggs. Season. Put the watercress and onion mix and the smoked salmon into the tart case and slowly pour the custard over the top.
- Return to the oven and bake until golden and just set in the middle (about 30 to 35 minutes). Leave to cool slightly – this is nice eaten warm rather than piping hot – then carefully remove the tart ring. Serve with a salad.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Best Smoked Salmon Quiche Mary Berry Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- smoked salmon quiche mary berry
- smoked salmon quiche recipe
- guacamole recipe mary berry
- smoked salmon quiche recipe mary berry
- meatloaf recipe mary berry
- smoked salmon tartlets mary berry
- mary berry meatloaf recipe
- smaoked salmon mary betty recipes
- salmon and broccoli quiche recipe mary berry
- mary berry salmon pasta recipes