Today Recipes | Best Recipe for Stuffed Bell Peppers with Rice and Ground Beef | These stuffed bell peppers were made along with the batch of peppers that I froze in October. Ends up, frozen bell peppers make excellent stuffed peppers, if you were wondering.
I’d read you can bake them from frozen, but mine had some ice crystals that I want to remove, so I rinsed them under tepid water until people were literally thawed and the only thing the ice came off. Before I added the filling I ensured I’d dried them off very well with paper towels.
Recipe for Stuffed Bell Peppers with Rice and Ground Beef
Lots of people are wondering why my peppers had ice crystals built in? Well, funny story. I used to be rearranging some appliances in the kitchen area, which required the unplugging and rearranging of cords. Ends up, I forgot to plug stomach freezer in! I didn’t notice until two days later when I opened it up to secure some ground beef. Luckily, significant tightly packed boxes of beef remained as frozen solid. The peppers were at the top and sitting within a basket alone therefore they had thawed a bit. I’m so glad I opened it when I did so; exactly what a huge loss that would happen to be if for example beef had gone bad! It taught me to be jealous of this freezers within my lab; they may have a burglar that sounds if for example temperature gets too high.
Anyway, there are numerous different recipes for stuffed bell peppers. We liked this place a lot. About last year I made a vegetarian version that came down to good as well. They are really nice once you simply assemble and bake. We made the actual entire recipe for any filling, but we actually only had two bell peppers left with the freezer, so we baked the extra filling out a number of small oval baking dishes for a passing fancy tray along with the peppers. It made awesome burrito filling for other meals later with the week!
Stuffed Bell Peppers with Rice and Ground Beef
adapted from Cooking Light – August 2006
serves 4 (2 pepper halves per person)
Notes: The recipe calls for 1/3 pound ground turkey and 2/3 pound ground sirloin. I didn’t want to buy a package of ground turkey just to use 1/3 of it, so I just used all ground sirloin. You could use all ground turkey instead too if you wanted (or get wild and crazy and try ground buffalo!).
- 4 large green bell peppers (or any color)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (remove seeds if you don’t want it very spicy)
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain rice (such as jasmine)
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth (we just used homemade, which I’m guessing is not fat-free)
- 2 cups tomato sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound ground meat, such as sirloin, turkey, buffalo, or a combination
Incoming another recipes :
- best stuffed bell peppers recipe with miced meat
- best recipes for stuffed peppers with ground pork
- chicken bell peppers and rice ground beef
- days recipes stuffed bell pepper
- sauceless rice and ground beef stuffed peppers
- stuffed bell pepper with ground beef and cooked rice uk recipes
- stuffed bell peppers minced beef and rice recipe UK only