Today Recipes | Best Quinoa Risotto Recipe – Quinoa might be a pseudo grain – it’s more closely related to beets, contrary to popular belief! And the arborio rice used in traditional risotto isn’t rice at all – it’s rice shaped pasta, which means it never had bran and is even more refined than rice! In my opinion cooking the quinoa slower and longer gets it nearly as creamy – notably if you add more Parmesan cheese. I use 1/2 cup or more. It’s not really healthy, but Parmesan is a super low-moisture cheese which means its as low-fat and high-protein as cow cheese gets. Enjoy!
Best Quinoa Risotto Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
15 Minutes 15 Minutes
- 1 10-ounce package pre-washed spinach
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed under cold water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups low-sodium, fat free chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 4-ounce package fresh goat cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the spinach to wilt 1 minutes, toss often. Turn the heat off and set aside. Warm the oil in another large skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil, garlic, and red chili flakes.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes until the garlic becomes fragrant but does not brown. If the garlic begins to brown, reduce the heat to low. Add the quinoa and cook another minute, stirring once or twice until the garlic in mixed in.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil.
- Cook another minute until most of the liquid is evaporated. Add the broth, and bring to a slow simmer. Cook 10 to 12 minutes until more than half of the liquid is absorbed.
- Roughly chop the spinach. Stir it in along with the goat cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, the nutmeg, and salt.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve immediately.
Nutritional Stats per serving (2 cups): 418 calories. 20 g protein, 43 g carbohydrates, 14 g fat (6 g saturated), 17 mg cholesterol, 8 g fiber, 468 mg sodium.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Best Quinoa Risotto Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.