Today Recipes | Best New Year’s Crab Cake Bites Recipe – I’m excited to focus on everything I’ve got planned but I’ve got to start with such Mini Crab Cake Bites. Being from Maryland I take my crab cakes pretty seriously and fundamental essentials perfect little bites. We made them using Melinda’s crab cake recipe. It’s actually a simple mix of crab meat, crushed RITZ Crackers, mayonnaise, several spices, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and green onion. You add an egg for a binder and fold everything together gently so you never break the crab meat up too much. One heaping teaspoon of crab mixture is the optimal add up to form in to a mini crab ball. You then lightly flour each ball and drop it into hot oil to fry until it is browned 2-3 minutes. That can be done most of the frying the day before and then heat the crab cakes up within the oven before your party so you never be tied to looking at a fry pan on party day. Enjoy!
Best New Year’s Crab Cake Bites Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 10 Minutes
- 16 ounce container fresh jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup regular mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon fines herbs
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- optional: dijon mustard for serving
- Set the oven to broil and place the oven rack near the top.
- In a medium sized bowl, gently pick through the crab meat to remove any shells. Try not to break up the lumps.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and then whisk in the mayonnaise until well combined.
- Add the breadcrumbs, Old Bay, fines herbs, garlic powder, mustard and Worcestershire sauce, stirring until well combined.
- A little bit at a time, gently fold the wet mixture into the crab meat. This part takes some patience because you really want to avoid breaking up the lump meat.
- Using a kitchen scale, weigh out 1 ounce bites and gently shape them with your hands.
- Lightly grease the bottom of a baking sheet (baking spray works well) and place the crab cake bites on the sheet.
- Place a small piece of butter on top of each crab cake bite.
- Broil for 7-10 minutes, keeping a close eye to make sure they don’t burn. Allow them to cook on one side the entire time (the lack of filler makes them very delicate). If the tops seem like they’re going to burn, lower the oven rack or switch the broiler to a lower setting. You’re not cooking the meat but you want the filling to solidify and the egg to cook through.
- When the tops are golden brown, remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool. Place a toothpick in each crab cake bite before serving.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Best New Year’s Crab Cake Bites Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.