Today Recipes | Easy Willow Tree Chicken Salad Recipe – The trick to a home-style Southern chicken salad is definitely the chopped hard-boiled egg and dill pickle relish. Chopped red onion and chopped celery add crunch towards the salad.
This chicken salad is wonderful in lettuce-lined buns. It’s also delicious in plain loaf bread, croissants, or freshly baked biscuits. Or skip the bread and serve the salad on lettuce or mixed greens for a lighter lunch. Add slices of avocado or tomato wedges for a delicious luncheon.
Use leftover chicken, a purchased rotisserie chicken, or even a roasted chicken with this recipe. Start to see the instructions underneath the recipe for basic roasted chicken and poached chicken breasts. Enjoy!
Easy Willow Tree Chicken Salad Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
15 Minutes 15 Minutes
- 1 large egg
- 8 to 12 ounces chopped cooked chicken, about 2 cups (cooking instructions below)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish or finely chopped dill pickles
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise, or as needed to moisten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the egg in a saucepan and cover with water to a depth of about an inch over the egg. Place the pan over medium heat and bring to a full rolling boil. Cover the pan and remove the pan from the heat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Pour off the hot water and run cold water over the egg until it’s cool enough to handle. Peel and chop the egg.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, onion, celery, and egg; toss to blend.
- In a small bowl, combine the relish with 1/3 cup of mayonnaise and the salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the chicken mixture and stir with a fork until well blended. Add more mayonnaise to moisten, if necessary.
- Taste and adjust seasonings with additional salt and pepper, as needed.
- Add about 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard to the mayonnaise mixture.
- Replace the dill pickle relish or finely chopped dill pickles with finely chopped sweet pickles, such as bread and butter pickles. Or use a sweet pickle relish.
- For a little extra flavor and color, add some dill weed or finely chopped chives to the salad.
- Add some chopped toasted pecans to the salad for that extra, satisfying crunch.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Willow Tree Chicken Salad Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- willow tree chicken salad
- california chicken cafe menu how to make broccoli pasts salad