Today Recipes | Easy Copycat KFC Chizza Recipe – There’s no doubt that it’s funny the fact that Chizza is basically a Chicken Parmesan, but also in the exact same respect, a Chicken Parmesan is basically a Chicken Pizza, so who’s really to blame here? Politics aside, I must say i think that adding pineapple to the creation really elevated the dish providing an original sweet refreshing taste to chicken. Enjoy!
Easy Copycat KFC Chizza Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 35 Minutes
- Chicken Breast
- 1 Cup Chicken Breeder
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Powder
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Thick Tomato Sauce (add tomato paste to thicken)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Diced Green Pepper
- Start by butterflying your fat chicken breast. Fold it open and then pound it out with a meat tenderizer until the chicken is uniformly the same thickness roughly ¼” thick.
- Soak the chicken in a buttermilk bath with salt & pepper and refrigerate over night. This acts as brine allowing the salt to tenderize and moisten the chicken bringing all the protein fibers together.
- For the seasoned flour mixture I like using store bought chicken breeders. If those are not available for you, it’s generally a mixture of 1 Cup Flour, 1 Tsp Salt, ¼ Tsp Pepper, 1 Tsp Garlic Powder, ½ Tsp Cayenne, 1 Tsp MSG and ½ Tsp Paprika.
- To give this a pizza flavor, I also added in 1 Tbsp of Parmesan cheese, 1 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning & 1 Tbsp of Tomato Powder.
- Dunk your chicken into the breading and once fully coated, spoon in a few drops of the buttermilk to add nice little breading crust balls on to the chicken for texture and taste.
- Now deep fry at 350°F for 5 minutes. Flip halfway through if necessary.
- Drain and place on a baking sheet where we will now add the tomato sauce, cheese and pizza toppings.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.
- Cut into quarters and eat it. Should taste like chicken parm with pineapple. I guess the only difference really with fried chicken is that you can eat it with your hands.
- Serve hot.
Hellthy Nutritional Information
- Calories: 450
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 650mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 35g
- Cholesterol: 150mg
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Copycat KFC Chizza Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.